Sunday, September 19, 2010

Two Teachers!

Wow, it has been a really long time since my last post! Time for an update :-)

The school year has finally started and we are already entering our 5th week this week. 31 more to go!! ;) I'm loving that I get to come home and share with Russell all of our "teacher stories". The funny things kids say make for some great dinner conversations. I even overheard one of my kids say, "I HATE that she's Mrs. Dotson now! Ugh," because he didn't want me to get married. So funny.

Trying to balance both teaching and being a student has been hard. I'm taking 9 hours while working and needless to say, I am tired. I know it's all for the best and all I can do is hope that I get into the grad program and give it my all. I know that either way it works out, God has a plan for my life and will lead us where He wants us.

Russell is taking a Sunday nap with the pugs, and I think I may join them. Lesson plans can wait. Naps are very dear to my heart!! :)

2 comments:

lauren noel said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are going well! I would like to be a fly on the wall in both you and Russell's classes :)

Also, I really admire you for teaching AND being a student! Just be glad that you don't have kids of your own yet ;)

Love and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Krista!:) Thanks! I miss you too! I see you're teaching and going to school? AND a married woman?! How exciting! Seems you're doing wonderfully too!