Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fun Wall Art



So I love home decor websites, but one thing I love MORE than those are home decor sites that emphasize being thrifty and saving some money! So of course I enjoy Thrifty Decor Chick. Something I read about and have been wanting to do for a LONG time was the wall art project she did with a sheet of MDF and some scrapbook paper. You can find tutorials on her blog post.

Russell's office was looking kind of plain, so this is what we did together today:



I LOVE it! I absolutely love it. Total cost of this art: $18!!!

We were going to buy MDF, but a sheet of MDF at our Lowe's is $30! So we decided to browse through the aisles and found 4 ft. sheets of particle board for about $2 each, so we bought 3. $6 for the "wood"!! So happy about that. I spent quite a long time at Hobby Lobby picking the exact sheets of scrapbook paper that I wanted, but it was worth it.

I think I may just be becoming a tad bit addicted to fun art projects like this! Be prepared to see more :-)

No comments: