Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blessings in many forms


I went on a "home visit" yesterday to see one of my best students and her grandmother. One of the favorite things about my school is we get to build community by talking and getting to know the family of our students. I also love getting to see what my students see everyday. We had a great time and I am truly blessed that God has placed such wonderful people in my life. However, when I was preparing my things this morning in my classroom, this student came in and handed me an envelope from her grandmother. A gift for the classroom: books from our school book fair. Something I have been trying really hard to do this year is gather more books and my students have made this goal so much easier to accomplish. I have about 40 more books in our collection this year. I love generosity. It's even greater to see it go to such a good cause- my students are reading!! I truly believe that my students are becoming lifelong readers, and I love that!!!

Tonight I am washing dishes, studying, making quiche, looking at unfolded laundry, feeling some pain in my legs (just tired), and enjoying the company of my husband and pugs. I look around and feel God's blessings. I am grateful.

No comments: