Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Habits/2011 Resolution


So my wonderful friend, Stephanie, posted a FB status today that I found to be very encouraging. It was her proposed New Year's Resolution for 2011. Basically, she pointed out that it takes 21 days to establish a new habit. Her thought was to pick 1-2 habits a month, and devote that month to establishing that one habit. I think this sounds like a great idea and have decided to blog my desired habits:
1. LAUNDRY (Steph, you mentioned this one, and I need help with it!) Do a load of laundry a day, or do laundry as soon as it needs to be done instead of waiting until I "feel like it".
2. Gym/working out- Work out every other day, even if it means staying in doing a Jillian Michael's DVD, or going to the gym. At least 30 minutes every other day.
3. Planning dinners - just need to think of a better, more organized way to do this
4. Find more things to do in SA- some fun outing at least once a month with my babe?
5. Spend less time online (is this a habit?? maybe this is more the breaking of a bad habit)
6. Read more books for FUN (stop making excuses like "too much to do")
7. Pamper myself every now and then - pedicure, manicure, etc. Once a month? Maybe that's excessive.
This is all I can really think of for right now. I know there will be more once I get through these.

2 comments:

Amanda Wissmann said...

Hey Krista! I had no idea you had a blog :) I found it through our Called ti Peru site. Thank you for your sweet comment and encouragement.

Shaun and I are blessed to have friends and family that are praying for us!

Happy New Year!

lauren noel said...

These are great resolutions, Krista! I need to get thinking about what should change in my life...and doing 1-2 a month is totally reasonable! :)