Friday, June 17, 2011

So much to be thankful for

So many good things are happening and I am blessed. The Lord has provided so many good things these past couple months and Russell and I are so thankful. I was recently informed that I will definitely be doing speech therapy come August for a job with an income and this is a huge answer to prayer. For a while, everything was up in the air and we didn't know how we were going to get me through grad school without a job. The Lord is faithful! Russell also got his contract renewed with his school, which is a big answer to prayer because of the budget crisis in Texas right now. I am so thankful for all that we have and couldn't be more happy. We in no way deserve all of this.

A couple weeks ago, I attended "Kick-Off" week in Denton for my graduate program. My friend Mariana and I were roommates and we got to relive the college experience! For me, I felt like I was immersed in an amazing program with wonderful professors. I learned so much in one week. We had class M-TH from 8-5:30-ish and on Friday we had all of our exams. It was definitely an experience to remember, but I made it out, and passed all of my exams! I am now back at home taking classes through our ESC and studying, studying, studying. I'm  also doing my summer practicum at an ESY program for a couple weeks and working with some amazing kiddos! I was a little nervous before going into this because I have never worked with children who had sever disorders or disabilities. These children have already touched my life so much and I get to help them communicate better. I know that speech pathology is the career for me and am so excited to be a part of this outstanding profession. I can't wait to learn more and work with more people.

Other than that, we are definitely soaking up summer vacation. Even though I have school, it is nice to have my husband home all day and do whatever we want. We're knocking out a lot of our summer projects for the house and hope to get it cleaned up. Today Russell textured a lot of walls and ceilings. We are trying to get rid of all the popcorn ceilings and we're making a lot of progress. One step at a time :) I am so thankful my husband is so handy.

Now I am blogging and sipping on a strawberry shake. It doesn't get much better.

No comments: