Sunday, June 19, 2011

Crown Molding!

So Russell and his dad decided that they wanted to buy crown molding and test it out in the bathroom. I'm soooo ready to have it in the rest of the house!!

I know it's not the best picture, but it is soooo much better. I should have definitely taken a before picture, but imagine tacky 70's wall paper, cracks between the ceiling and the wall, and popcorn ceilings. Yuck! This is my favorite bathroom now :) Hopefully more crown will be put up this summer. There's still so much to do.

Our vanity is the next step for this bathroom.Take a look at this darling:

I know it's not tidy right now, but that's because I hate that bathroom. I find that when I hate the way a room looks, I have no intention of trying to cover it up by making it look very tidy like I would a nicer room. To me, that's like putting a dress on a pig. :-) But, alas. I know I DO need to organize it a little.

Below is a picture we are using for inspiration.

(Picture from theletteredcottage.net)

 Russell says he can build the shelves to match it perfectly, and that the rest wouldn't be hard to emulate at all. It would bring the "rustic" part of our house into the bathroom, which is nice.

We may do something different with the bottom portion. Russell has said that instead of a curtain, we can make it more like a cabinet, which I would prefer. Can't wait!

No comments: