Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday

So this morning I was soooo excited to go to Journey Fellowship!! We went to the church and saw an empty parking lot... we asked each other if it was already daylight savings time, but concluded that it wasn't. We pulled up to the front of the church and there was a police officer and a friendly man who told us that it was their day of the quarter to go into the community and distribute food and water, but to please come back next Sunday. How cool is that?? We are definitely going to be going this upcoming Sunday!! I can't wait for this week to go by. I was a little disappointed that we couldn't go and see what it was like, but we ended up going to I-Hop and eating yummy breakfast. 7 days!!

Russell has been sick all week and I feel so bad for him. I think he is getting the flu... :( Unless he already has it. :-/ I thought he was getting better, but later today he got nauseous and had a horrible headache. I hope a good night of sleep helps him tonight!! That's also why we haven't met our nephew!! Rhys Edward Conklin :) I can't wait to meet the little guy. Hopefully we will see him next Sunday.

Today we did a lot to the house. Russell painted our dining room and now our house is beginning to feel more like a home!! And there's nothing like the fresh smell of paint on the walls... I know it's weird, but to me, it makes a house smell more clean. I tidied up the dining room after it dried, and then I rearranged the furniture in the master bedroom. I've been trying to decide which desk I want for my "office" (which will be located in the master bedroom) and Russell said he could probably make me one. This is what I've decided on:

Is that not the coolest thing ever? It's a "floating" desk. I think I'm going to ask him to make some "floating" shelves also. But this will be perfect for lesson planning and storing teacher manuals and binders.... and also for the future when I'm studying for big SLP exams... eeeek! I can't wait to have my own space.

Well, I'd better get to bed. Long week ahead of me!! Oh, and I'm turning 23!!! crazy.

1 comment:

lauren noel said...

Awww, bummer about the church! But very cool that they're out there serving the community.

Very cool desk! And go Russell, for aspiring to build it! You should post some pics of your new house :)