Saturday, October 10, 2009

What is up

So even though Russell and I already have our own wedding website, I thought it would be nice to have our own blog that we could use now and after the wedding. A lot has happened in our lives, and I suppose I will give a quick update for my first post.

  • We got a house! Russell and I got a cute house in Converse, TX. It was built in 1979 and needs a few updates, but it is absolutely perfect for us so we can make it our own. Russell has already done some pretty major updates to the kitchen, and is now adding his own custom waines cotting to the dining room. I love it!! I will have to post pictures of the finished product. It is wonderful to have our living situation figured out before the wedding because of all the stress that will come with the wedding in itself! We eventually want to add things like wood floors and crown molding, but it will all come with time.
  • I'm a teacher! I finally got a teaching job and am now teaching 4th and 8th grade English at a San Antonio charter school. I love teaching and truly feel like my job has a purpose!
  • Grad school Russell and I will both be starting grad school in 2010. I begin my SLP classes on June 7th (one day after we get back from our honeymoon!!) and Russell will begin his rhetoric classes in August. Am I nerd for looking forward to this? It will be like old times when we study together these upcoming years. I can't wait!

These are the major updates I can think of. All I can say is that I am so thankful for the blessings God has poured out on me. I am blessed to be in love with my best friend and that I get to spend the rest of my life with him! I will write more soon.... :)

No comments: