Sunday, April 10, 2011

A-ma-zing!

So today I decided to look on Craigslist again for a "french provincial dresser", which is the style I want for our bedroom. Lo and behold, I found one!! It was a "little girl's set" but it can totally work once we refinish it. The ultimate goal is something like this:




We got a dresser, a nightstand, and a desk for $100 and it is high-quality furniture in that it was built sturdy. Now, the general color (cream) is not that great, but that will be easily fixed when I paint it white!

To complete the look, I want to get this bed from Ikea:

It is very "shabby chic" and I love it. I think it'd go great with a nice, white duvet cover and a red or blue blanket. Way excited. I need to get some mirrors also to start a "mirror wall".

I will have to keep you posted on the progress of the master bedroom. I love cheap finds that will look amazing!


No comments: