Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My beautiful refinished masterpiece! (Could I be less braggy?)

So I tackled my first refinishing project this past weekend and this was the beauty. It seemed that I was the only one who saw its hidden beauty, because Russell was a little hesitant when we went to go pick it up from a Craigslist seller.... But here she is:


I knew it had potential and so I digged online for similar refinishing projects and got a few ideas. I got different tips from everyone, and went out to Lowe's to get my materials. I bought:
  1. Sand paper
  2. Primer
  3. White Paint
  4. Rustoleum Metallic Black Spray Paint
  5. Various paint brushes - I recommend mini foam rollers or foam brushes
I had last Friday off and got straight to work! First step: Take the knobs off and spray paint them :) The fun part, which is why it was my first step :-)

Afterwards, I sanded the drawers and the dresser itself. This was the most time consuming, but so worth it! After that, the rest was easy. I primed the drawers and dresser, painted, and then let everything dry.

I'm pleased with the results after putting it all back together:

What a beauty :-) I did the nightstand and bookshelf on Sunday (pics to come), and all I have left is the desk! Did I mention I got all 3 pieces for $100? Yes. Amazing. Love!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Wow, beautiful! WELL DONE! I'm wanting to do something like this so I'm searching Craigslist these days, too! Fun stuff!

lauren noel said...

Okay that is so cute! Great job!