Thursday, May 20, 2010

10 Days

10 days until I marry my best friend, my love, my man. We have done a lot of wedding related stuff lately and it has made us both so much more anxious for the day to be here. I know it will be here before we know it and we will want the day to last as long as possible, and that it will fly by, but then we have our whole lives to spend together in love and making our life one that constantly seeking and glorifying the Lord.

Last week we met up with our officiator (my youth minister, Garfield!) and yesterday my two 8th grade girls came to play the ceremony music for Russell. Thinking of the two of those things makes me realize that our ceremony is going to be so meaningful. Instead of doing unity sand or a unity candle, we decided to take communion together as a symbol of the Lord leading us and being the foundation of our marriage. I'm excited for that moment and taking part in that with Russell.

I sometimes still feel like our wedding is forever away because we have been engaged for over a year, and it is hard to believe that it is 10 days away. I really can't believe it!


No comments: