Tuesday, August 9, 2011

These summer days...

So today my hubs had his first day back at work. Kind of stinks. After 70+ days of summer vacation, you kind of get used to waking up whenever you want, lounging around, procrastinating from things you want to do, having no papers to grade, and.... well, you get the picture. Even though I spent most of my summer studying and doing projects for my first semester of grad school, I didn't really have a care in the world! But alas, work is starting again, and we are prepping for another great school year. I'm so thankful that my hubs has a good, solid job as a teacher (as those are hard to come by these days), and I was blessed with a job as a speech pathology assistant. We have so many things to thank the Lord for.

This past weekend, we decided to take a trip to the beach. It was our very first beach trip as a couple, and our very first "family vacation" with our pugs!! Oh boy, they were so cute. Here are some pics:

The pugs were so happy to be on a vacation with us. You could tell they really loved it. Here they are prepping for the beach!

Me and my baby :)

Fishing! 

He wanted to go fishing so bad... it was so fun getting to do that with him :)

Our beautiful morning view from the pier.

It was fun to go, but at the same time, oddly nice to be home? We are getting back into the groove of things, and I'm trying to get everything situated before next week when I start work. 

And now I'm blogging with two snorting pugs wrestling next to me as my hubby plays the piano in the other room. I wouldn't have it any other way :)

No comments: